Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A day to go down in history!!

Yesterday I wrote about things that I'm grateful for and if you follow my blog you should expect a lot of the same.

When I read the book A New Earth by Echart Tolle, it was a hard book to read at first, and then it became a hard book to put down. I had so many light bulb moments when reading it, it instantly started changing my perspective on things, people, and pretty much life in general. I always felt so judged and then I realized that it was me judging myself far above what anybody else could do to me. By judging myself so harshly what I thought was through other peoples eye, I was actually judging them, because unless they told me how they felt about me, I really didn't know. It's really never safe to assume anything, because given our world, so full of negativity, it's almost brainwashed in us to believe the worst.

The way that I have made positive movement forward is by simply trying to look at every situation with baby eyes, so to speak. Like I'm looking at not just another person for the first time, but people in general, if that makes sense to you. The reason I do that is to try to break down all those labels that society, history, or other people put on things, and simply use a fresh perspective to help determine my thoughts. Breaking down those barriers, one baby step at a time.

With that being said, today is definately a day for the history books. I'm so hopeful for not just my future, but also the future of our nation. Change, expecially now is what our nation really needs. I'm so happy to be alive right now because like it or not.......change is coming.

I have such high hope for President Obama.......I can honestly say On this day I'm proud to be an American

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your imput.