Monday, November 9, 2009

Mermaid Lore


This necklace was created for the Beadweaving Emporium Market's November Challenge themed Beachcomber. The first thing I thought of was shells, and then I started thinking of all the things that could be washed up to shore. My head started swimming with shipwrecks, treasures, and yes....mermaids. I have always been fasinated with fantasy, legends, and the Sea.

I imagine walking along the beach one afternoon, pondering lifes many lessons. The foaming tides covering my bare feet as they washed to shore. The winds very crisp, wild, and refreshing, and the Sun has taken refuge behind some clouds in the distance. I can feel a slight drop of rain touch my face as I gaze out into the great, vast ocean . I wonder what it would be like to be a mermaid, just for a day, to explore and unlock the many treasures and mysteries of the sea.

Just then, from the corner of my eye, I spotted something just ahead on the rocks. This sparked my imagination, so I ran to explore what the sea had gifted me. To my amazement, a very beautiful and enchanting necklace lay at my feet. It appeared to be very old, enchanting and alluring, almost calling to me. I was entranced with it, and had to try it on. It fit perfectly, and just as I closed the clasp, I was transformed into a beautiful mermaid.

Ahhh, what a fantasy. Although this necklace will not actually turn you into a mermaid, you can let your imagination run wild, while wearing it. Mermaid Lore is completely hand sewn with much care and with great attention to detail, and to VOTE for your favorite please visit our voting polls now through the 15th at http://www.thebeadweavingemporium.blogspot.com.

I must also mention that the Etsy Beadweavers are currently in the voting stages of there November challenge as well. Although I didn't have enough time to enter the challenge this month, the entries are breathtaking and deserve much admiration. So please go to http://www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com to VOTE for your favorite and browse through all the gorgeous creations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We appreciate your imput.